Wednesday, 11 May 2011

New job.

So, I got a new job. Still McDonald's, but a different store. Soon I'll be moving out, paying bills, getting fucked every night and living the life of an adult. Pretty damn scary, but exciting at the same time.

It's weird how I never realized how much I like my job before I knew I was leaving. I mean, don't get me wrong. The job itself sucks balls. I have, at best, a general dislike for customers and coming home smelling like a stale Big Mac every day is not all that pleasant. But the people, man. The people are awesome.
There's Denim, who's the only person I've ever met that actually silly-dances with me.
There's Ange, who, despite being our Restaurant Manager, is totally cool with coming out for a smoke on our breaks and just bitching about everything in the store.
There's Kana, who used to terrify me, 'til I realized that her bitchiness is actually kind of maternal.
There's Kat, who I never talked to and then one day we were suddenly great friends.
There's Gemma, who turned out to be one of the best people to go shopping with I've ever met.
There's Sia, who I don't get to see that often (she only works weekends), but who might be one of the kindest people I'll probably ever meet.
There's Pete, who always comes and talks to me about comic books.
There's Tina W., who is the best manager I have ever worked with, and who always (literally, always) has a smile in her face.
There's Tina R., who's more mature than I ever thought a 24 year old could be.
There's Jaymie, who makes my breaks so so much better.
There's Annie B., who made me look forward to every Health and Safety meeting we had.
There's Gina, who is all manager-like on floor, but turns into just one of us outside work.
There's Victor, who one day surprised the hell out of me when we had a pretty good chat about fashion (he's a pretty big, muscly guy).
There's Grace, who I never got to hang out with that much, but every time we did, was absurdly fun to talk to.
There's Ona and Gloria, who started about a month ago, and as soon as they met me, decided we'd be best friends.
There's Callan, who is one of the cutest, sweetest guys I've ever seen.
There's Annie P., who had my back since my very first day of work.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some people, but what I mean is: I'll miss those fuckers like hell. We've only been working together for about one year at most, but each one of them, at different times, made going to work be more than just getting my pay every week. And I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment